Friday, August 18, 2006

So its been a while

Ok....so I haven't been good at all about blogging - in fact I have somewhat abandoned the practice. But anyhow, I have decided to take it up again - we will see how good I am at it. It has been an extremely busy summer...

Unfortunately, not much knitting has gone on. In fact, I am still working on the same project I was over Spring Break...but perhaps it will be finished by the time winter begins. (It is a sweater)

I began my Master in Public Health. I took classes this summer and got a first look at what my education will be like for my second degree. I won't really be doing much more work on that for another 2 years though. It was good to get a start on it.

I helped plan a U2 Eucharist at my church. We weren't very thrilled with the turnout. Of the people that did come though - it seemed to go over well. We are planning another one in the very near future - so maybe that one will have a better turnout.

I started marathon training. If you would like to donate just click here. We are almost halfway through and I just ran the Chicago Distance Classic - a half marathon that was this past Sunday. It is a little scary to realize that starting next Saturday, I will be consistently running on Saturdays further than I have ever run before. I just have to remind myself that I have a few good reasons for going through the training.

Finally for tonight - Chris moved in this past June. So far things are going well and we both seem to be pretty happy. The only thing is that our condo is pretty small and we would love to have a bigger place - but our place is great for now.

Okay, I have to make dinner now so that I am rested when I wake up at 5am tomorrow for my 10mi run. (This is a cut back week - I still can't believe that 10 is cut back)

1 Comments:

Blogger leenie73 said...

I don't know how long ago you posted your blog, but I believe your aunt, Shirley Traback, may have been my teacher at E.H. Sutherland Elementary School in Chicago. I just wanted to drop by and let you know that even though alot of time has passed, I am so very sorry for your loss. If this is the same Shirley Traback, I want to tell you that she was my absolute FAVORITE teacher ever!!! I was not one of the "cool" kids, and she was sooo nice to me... I never forgot her, and I'm so sorry that she's gone.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home