Sunday, January 15, 2006

New Year, New Challenges

So with the new year have come some new and exciting challenges. Well, at least 2 exciting challenges besides my new classes.

1) I was appointed to the Bishop's Commitee. For those who might not know, a Bishop's Committee is very similar to a Vestry. The main differences are, as far as I am aware that is, that terms are for 1 year, members are appointed by the bishop (rather then being ellected by the congregation), there is no Jr. Warden, and they are for missions (rather than parishes). So this is the beginning of some exciting work.

2) Tuesday I begin training for my first half-marathon. I am planning to run the St. Louis Half Marathon on Palm Sunday. As long as all goes well, I plan to run my first full marathon this year as well - the Chicago marathon in October. I have never run more than 6.2 miles, so here goes 13.1 then 26.2.

So we will see how this goes :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home